Online Registration for all group events and the bicycle tune-up clinic at the July 17 Lakes and Trails Festival is now available at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/lakes-trails-2021-tickets-159996819795.
Registration is open for the:
- 9:30am and 10:30am Family Cycle: an 8-kilometre route on a flat off-road trail beside Sydenham Lake. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- 9:00am and 10:00am Bike-Around-the- Lake: a 21-kilometre route on trails and quiet country roads going around Sydenham Lake.
- 9:00am long paddle circumnavigating Sydenham Lake, about 3 hours.
- 10:00am short paddle on Sydenham Lake, about one hour
- bike tune-up/ repair station in half hour intervals running from 9:00am to 12:30 run by GearUp Kingston.
Scroll down the registration page for all events.
All activities are free. The tune -up clinic is pay what you can with a suggested donation of $30 for individuals and $20 per bike for families to help cover the costs of materials and labour.
Self-guided, any-time, activities include:
- a cycle route up to Desert Lake, 35 kilometers on hilly country roads suitable for advanced riders.
- a historical scavenger hunt to identify Points of interest around Sydenham.
All events start at the Point Park in Sydenham, South Frontenac.
Participants in the Festival will receive a festival ball cap on completion of their activity and be invited to pick-up lunch and shop at the many stores and restaurants in South Frontenac. The Festival is a community celebration of South Frontenac’s natural environment, active lifestyle and history.
Donations are welcome and volunteers needed.