The number of people who can participate in The Lakes and Trails Festival Family Cycle and Short Canoe on Sydenham Lake has increased. Both events “sold out” within days of the first preregistration starting.
The relaxing of COVID restrictions allowed the events to take more participants. Those who are interested can now pre-register at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/lakes-trails-2021-tickets-159996819795
All events are free. The Festival runs from 8:30 am to 1 pm on Saturday, July 17 at the Point Park in Sydenham.
The Family Cycle is an 8-kilometre bike on a flat off-road trail beside Sydenham Lake starting at 9:30 or 10:30. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
A short paddle on Sydenham Lake will take about an hour, starts at 10am and will tour the west end of the lake.
Other pre-registered events include:
- 21-kilometre Bike-Around-the-Lake group rides (9am and 10am). The route is a mixture of trails and quiet country roads going around Sydenham Lake.
- A longer paddle circumnavigating Sydenham Lake, about 3 hours, which starts at 9am.
- A bike tune-up/ repair station run by GearUp Kingston. Half hour time slots are available from 9am to 12:30.
Self- guided activities include: (no pre-registration required)
- a cycle route up to Desert Lake, 35 kilometers on hilly country roads suitable for advanced riders.
- a walk around historic Sydenham to identify Points of interest.
Participants in the Festival will receive a festival ball cap on completion of their activity and be invited to pick-up lunch and shop at the many stores and restaurants in South Frontenac.
The Festival is a community celebration of South Frontenac’s natural environment, active lifestyle and history.
Please follow our website, https://lakesandtrailsfestival.org/, and Facebook Page for links to registration, other updates and to contact the Festival.
One thought on “Lakes and Trails Festival Increases the Number Allowed at Events”
We didn’t get to finish the Escape adventure due to the rain. We did figure out the name, but not all of the clue answers. Any chance of posting the all the clues with answers? It was a lot of fun!