The 2021 Lakes and Trails Festival will feature small group cycling and paddling activities, and a self -guided historical walk/ scavenger hunt.
Pre-registration for all group activities will be required. Registration will open on June 21. The Festival will begin in the morning with specific times for each event announced when registration opens.
All activities will be within public health guidelines and are subject to change if the situation changes. Groups will initially be limited to 10 people and could increase or be cancelled if the regulations change.
The 2021 Lakes and Trails festival activities are:
- 8-kilometre family cycles on a flat off-road trail beside Sydenham Lake. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- 21-kilometre Bike-Around-the- Lake group rides. The route is a mixture of trails and quiet country roads going around Sydenham Lake.
- A short paddle on Sydenham Lake, about one hour, and a longer paddle circumnavigating Sydenham Lake, about 3 hours.
- A bike tune-up/ repair station run by GearUp Kingston.
Self- guided activities include:
- a cycle route up to Desert Lake, 35 kilometers on hilly country roads suitable for advanced riders.
- a walk around historic Sydenham to identify Points of interest.
Participants in the Festival will receive a festival ball cap on completion of their activity and be invited to pick-up lunch and shop at the many stores and restaurants in South Frontenac.
The Lakes and Trails Festival is based out of the Point Park in Sydenham. It started in 2017. The Festival is a community celebration of South Frontenac’s natural environment, active lifestyle and history.
a walk around historic Sydenham to identify Points of interest.
All activities are free. Donations are welcome and volunteers needed.
Please follow our website, https://lakesandtrailsfestival.org/, and Facebook Page for links to registration, other updates and to contact the Festival.
We look forward to seeing you on July 17th.